In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak teppanyaki with stir-fried vegetables
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Wow a crowd (or just yourself) with this easy, paleo steak stir-fry inspired by the flying spatulas and flaming onion volcanoes of Japanese teppanyaki chefs.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- ¼ pound organic baby rainbow or other baby carrots
- Sunbasket sweet sesame stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
Calories: 640, Protein: 55g (110% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Cut the steak into 1-inch pieces.
Prep the vegetables
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Cook the steak
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes for medium. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables
If the pan is dry, add 1 tablespoon oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini and carrots, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, onion, and sweet sesame stir-fry blend and cook until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the oil for the steak and vegetables.
- Time the cooking.