In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with arugula salsa verde and green bean–feta salad
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Elevate your favorite steak with our fresh salsa verde, a bright and beautiful blend of peppery arugula, tangy feta, and fragrant spices.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket sumac spice blend (granulated garlic - sumac - cumin)
Calories 370, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 14g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
To the pot of boiling water, add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a medium bowl. While the water is heating and the beans are cooking, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the salsa verde. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.]
- Set aside half the feta for the salsa verde.
To the bowl with the beans, add the tomatoes, lemon zest, half the feta, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salsa verde.
Make the arugula salsa verde
- Finely chop the arugula.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sumac spice blend, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Add the arugula and remaining feta and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and green bean–feta salad to individual plates. Top the steaks with the arugula salsa verde and serve.
- Juice the lemon.
- Divide the feta.
- Assemble the green bean salad.
- Stir the arugula salsa verde.
- Top the steaks with salsa verde.