In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with arugula salsa verde and green bean–feta salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Peppery arugula and citrusy sumac in our salsa verde counterbalance the butteriness of steaks in this protein-rich, gluten-free dish.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket salsa verde spice blend (granulated garlic - sumac - cumin)
Calories: 420, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the green beans; make the salad
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the salsa verde. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.]
- Set aside half the feta for the salsa verde.
While the water heats and the green beans cook, start the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
For the New York strips:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the salsa verde.
Make the arugula salsa verde
- Finely chop the arugula.
- Juice the lemon.
- Divide the feta.
- Assemble the green bean salad.
- Stir the arugula salsa verde.
- Top the steaks with salsa verde.