In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eye steaks with bagna càuda, broccoli, and radishes
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Inspired by bagna càuda, the fondue-style dip originating in Piedmont, Italy, this steak dish is basted in a rich signature sauce and complemented with a simple vegetable side.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- Sunbasket bagna càuda sauce base (extra virgin olive oil - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
Calories: 610, Protein: 54g (108% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the parsley and steaks
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the steaks and sauce
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Stir in the bagna càuda sauce base, half the parsley, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] ghee or butter (from your pantry), if using, and cook, spooning the sauce over the steaks, until fragrant and heated through and the steaks are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Set aside the sauce in the pan for serving. While the steaks and sauce are cooking, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and radishes, cut sides down, season with salt and pepper, and cook without stirring until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and vegetables to individual plates and spoon the bagna càuda sauce over the steaks. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the ghee or butter, if using.
- Measure the water for the vegetables.
- Garnish with the parsley.