Steak with bagna càuda anchovy sauce, broccoli, and radishes
Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
This dish embraces the translation of the name bagna càuda, which means “hot bath,” by bathing steak in hot garlic and anchovy sauce.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket bagna càuda sauce base (EVOO - anchovy paste - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 6 ounces organic broccoli
Hot bath! This recipe takes full advantage of the flavor-packed sauce and uses it to truly give your steak a “hot bath,” a technique known as basting. To make it easier to spoon the sauce over the steaks, carefully tilt the pan slightly so the liquid pools on one side. If you have a little extra time to spare, continue basting until the steak is cooked to the desired doneness, keeping in mind that applying the hot sauce means the steak will cook from the top and bottom.
Calories: 690, Protein: 55g (110% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 28g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.