Steak with bagna càuda, broccoli, and radishes
Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Inspired by the bagna càuda fondue-style dip of Piedmont, Italy, this steak dish is basted in a rich signature sauce and complemented with a simple vegetable side.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- Sun Basket bagna càuda sauce base (EVOO - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 6 ounces organic broccoli
Hot bath! This recipe takes full advantage of the flavor-packed sauce using a “bathing” technique better known as basting. To make it easier to spoon the sauce over the steaks, carefully tilt the pan slightly so the liquid pools on one side. Added bonus: basting with the hot sauce helps cook the steaks from the top down.
Calories: 370, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.