In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with chermoula, roasted vegetables, and pesto
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
For a super-sauced 20-minute meal, we toss basil-walnut pesto with oven-roasted vegetables and top easy seared steaks with a cilantro chermoula.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket basil-walnut pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Sun Basket chermoula (EVOO - parsley - lime juice - cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Chermoula is a flavorful North African herb sauce traditionally served with seafood, but it is also delicious with poultry, meat, or vegetables. It is often bright red from the addition of paprika. Ours, in contrast, is vibrant green from a mix of parsley, cilantro, and lime.
Calories: 520, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into florets; trim any coarse stems. On a sheet pan, toss the broccoli and tomatoes with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the broccoli is just tender and lightly browned and the tomato skins are starting to blister, 12 to 15 minutes.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the cilantro and finish the vegetables.
Prep the cilantro; dress the vegetables
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Season the vegetables for roasting.
- Toss the vegetables with pesto.
- Top the steaks with chermoula.
- Garnish with the cilantro.