In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with garlic-herb ghee, mushrooms, and spinach
Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Plush leather, low lighting, white tablecloths. Bring the steak house experience home with this classic dish, complete with juicy Black Angus steaks and an impressive side of veggies.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 organic leek
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 580, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic-herb ghee and cook, carefully spooning it regularly over the steaks, until the steaks are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
In the same pan used for the steaks, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the leek and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and the mushrooms, spinach, and leek to individual plates and serve.
- Stir the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
- Time the steaks.
- Soak the leek and pat dry.
- Season the vegetables.