In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with garlic-herb ghee, mushrooms, and spinach
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
In this fast steak house–inspired paleo supper, mushrooms and spinach get cooked in the same pan used for the steaks, infusing the vegetables with delicious meaty flavor.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 580, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic-herb ghee and cook, carefully spooning it regularly over the steaks, until the steaks are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
In the same pan used for the steaks, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shallots and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks, mushrooms, and spinach to individual plates and serve.
- Stir the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
- Time the steaks.
- Season the mushroom-spinach mixture.