In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with garlic-herb ghee, mushrooms, and spinach
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
In this fast steakhouse-inspired paleo supper, mushrooms and spinach get cooked in the same pan used for the steaks, infusing the vegetables with delicious meaty flavor.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 580, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 130mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
For top sirloins:
Cook, turning over frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Halfway through cooking, add the ghee and carefully spoon regularly over the steaks as they cook.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning over frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare. Halfway through cooking, add the ghee and carefully spoon regularly over the steaks as they cook.
Cook, turning over once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Halfway through cooking, add the ghee and carefully spoon regularly over the steaks as they cook.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. On a cutting board cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Stir the ghee and garlic-herb blend.
- Time the steaks.
- Season the mushroom-spinach mixture.