In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak salad with apples, green beans, and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
The quest for a perfect soft-cooked egg ends here. Chef Justine’s no-fuss 5-minute method yields a white that’s set but not too firm, and a creamy yellow yolk. It makes a rich and elegant topping for this easy steak salad, and helps mellow the tartness of the bright lemon-basil vinaigrette and thinly sliced apples.
In your bag
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ¼ pound green beans
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil
- 3 ounces mixed greens
- ¼ cup walnuts
Nutrition per serving
Calories 590, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 250mg (83% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, start the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
While the beans cook, make the vinaigrette.
Cook the steak
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook, finish the salad.
Prep the apple and the lemon-basil vinaigrette
- Cut the apple into quarters. Cut away the core, then thinly slice the fruit.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Finish the salad
- Peel the eggs, then cut them in half.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.