Steak salad with apples, green beans, and soft-cooked eggs
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
25 - 35 Minutes
The quest for a perfect soft-cooked egg ends here. Chef Justine’s no-fuss 5-minute method yields a white that’s set but not too firm, and a creamy yellow yolk. It makes a rich and elegant topping for this easy steak salad, and helps mellow the tartness of the bright lemon-basil vinaigrette and thinly sliced apples.
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ¼ pound green beans
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil
- 3 ounces mixed greens
- ¼ cup walnuts
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, start the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
Cook the steak
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook, finish the salad.
Prep the apple and the lemon-basil vinaigrette
- Cut the apple into quarters. Cut away the core, then thinly slice the fruit.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Finish the salad
- Peel the eggs, then cut them in half.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 590, Protein: 45g, Total Fat: 38 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 250 mg, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 390 mg
Contains: eggs, tree nuts