Steaks with paprika butter, pan-charred vegetables, and gremolata
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
An easy Italian gremolata and our simple paprika butter take this paleo and gluten-free dinner up to eleven. You’ll want to add both to your repertoire.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 scallions
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces frying peppers
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
Gremolata is a mixture of fresh parsley, lemon zest, and garlic used to finish the classic preparation of veal shank known as osso buco, but it flavors other proteins and dishes beautifully as well. Our version, bumped up with pine nuts for additional heartiness and crunch, dresses vegetables to showcase its versatility.
Enjoy the summer days while they last and toss these steaks on the grill. Light a medium-hot fire and prep the steaks as directed. Place them on the grill rack directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Make the gremolata
- If using, let the butter come to room temperature.
- Coarsely chop the pine nuts.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Zest the lime; set aside half for the paprika butter.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions in half lengthwise.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Transfer the pepper and tomatoes to the bowl with the gremolata and toss to combine.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the paprika butter.
Make the paprika butter
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk.