In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak with Italian-style greens and salsa verde
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Our signature parsley-pecan pesto makes it easy to whip up a quick salsa verde, the perfect thing to make a simple paleo steak dinner sing.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic watermelon radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 caper berries
- ¼ ounce anchovies
- 5 ounces organic braising greens
- Sunbasket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
Calories: 570, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 690mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 8g (3% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the salsa verde ingredients
- Peel the watermelon radishes and trim the ends; cut the radishes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Rinse the caper berries. Remove the stems and cut the caper berries lengthwise into quarters.
- Finely chop the anchovies.
Cook the ingredients; finish the salsa verde
To the bowl with the greens, add the radishes, caper berries, anchovies, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] parsley-pecan pesto, and as much Aleppo chile as you like; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. (Set aside the remaining pesto for serving.) Let stand while you prepare the steak.
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the caper berries.
- Stir the greens and salsa verde.
- Spoon the pesto over the steak.