In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with mushroom pan sauce and Brussels sprouts
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Why dine out when you can dine in? Enjoy this restaurant-quality paleo steak served with a luxurious mushroom sauce.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
Calories: 470, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the Brussels sprouts
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
While the Brussels sprouts roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the mushrooms and the arrowroot slurry.
Make the mushroom pan sauce
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder, coconut aminos, and ¼ cup [½ cup] red wine (from your pantry) or water to form a slurry.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with oil and season.
- Time the Brussels sprouts and steaks.
- Mix the arrowroot slurry.