In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak with purple sweet potatoes and roasted red pepper salsa
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
You won’t believe how amazing your kitchen will smell when you whip up this paleo dish of seared steak and roasted vegetables, topped with a tangy roasted red pepper salsa.
In your bag
- 2 organic purple sweet potatoes
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic New York strip (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket roasted red pepper salsa (roasted red peppers - almonds - EVOO - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
To get a nice brown sear on the steak, dry the meat as thoroughly as possible and give the pan plenty of time to heat before you start cooking.
Make It Leaner
Use just half the roasted red pepper salsa to cut 70 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. The next day, spoon the leftovers atop hummus and serve with vegetable sticks for a healthy snack.
What is the difference between cremini, brown, baby bella, Italian, and Roman mushrooms? Trick question! They are all names for the same mushroom: young portobello. Similar to white or button mushrooms, this variously named brown cousin is just a different strain, with a slightly denser consistency and a deeper, meatier flavor.
Calories: 650, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems and finely chop enough to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save any remaining rosemary for another use.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the steak.
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes.
- Strip the rosemary leaves.
- Measure the rosemary.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Top the steak with the salsa.
The sauce is to die for and the meal paired perfectly, down to the rosemary on the veggies. — Sun Basket customer Alexander N.