Steaks with red pepper sauce and rosemary-roasted vegetables
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Nothing says fall like roasted vegetables fragrant with fresh rosemary. Honestly, someone could market a “rosemary-roasted vegetables” scented candle and make a fortune. But what pushes this steak dinner over the top is Chef Justine’s red pepper sauce. Similar to a Spanish romesco, it's blended with tomato for added richness.
- 3/4 pound purple sweet potatoes
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Roasted red pepper sauce (roasted red peppers - fresh garlic - almonds - sweet smoked paprika - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - olive oil - salt - pepper)
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the sweet potatoes; cut the potatoes into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Cut the cremini mushrooms in half (or leave whole if small).
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
After the first 10 minutes of roasting, start the steaks.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 720, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 44 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 31 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 660 mg
Contains: tree nuts