Steak with red pepper sauce and rosemary-roasted vegetables
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
25 – 40 Minutes
You won’t believe how amazing your kitchen will smell when you whip up this paleo dish of seared steak and roasted root vegetables, topped with a tangy red pepper sauce.
In your bag
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 5 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket red pepper salsa (roasted red peppers - almonds - olive oil - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
Make It Leaner
Use just half the red pepper salsa to cut 70 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Spoon the leftovers over hummus and serve with vegetable sticks for a healthy snack the next day.
Calories: 580, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.