In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with roasted root vegetable succotash and chipotle mayo
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
In this paleo steak dinner, our custom chipotle mayo provides rich smokiness without needing a fire.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic turnips (about ½ pound total)
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic Roma or other tomatoes
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 560, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the root vegetable succotash
- Scrub or peel the turnips; cut the turnips into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise on the diagonal into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the white parts into 1-inch lengths. Thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro; finish the succotash
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Scrub the turnips and carrots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Season the vegetables for roasting.
- Stir the cilantro into the succotash.
- Garnish with the scallions.