In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks and roasted sweet potato with scallion-ginger relish
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
This is not your typical steak ‘n’ potatoes. We’ve raised these steaks to special-occasion status with paleo sweet potato, a charred-scallion relish, and quick-cooked kale.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 440, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the potato roasts, prepare the scallion-ginger relish.
Make the scallion-ginger relish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a medium bowl, stir together the scallions, ginger, sherry vinegar, paprika, and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the scallions, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Do not clean the pan.
For the New York strips:
In the same pan used for the scallions, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Do not clean the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the garlic.
Prep the garlic; cook the kale
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the ginger.
- Stir the scallion-ginger relish.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.