In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with sweet potato hash browns and chimichurri
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
While this makes a delicious dinner, add fried eggs and you have a perfect breakfast or brunch. For an unexpected twist, Chef Justine stirs chopped mint into her chimichurri, the tangy steak sauce from Argentina and Uruguay.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Steak spice rub (sweet smoked paprika - garlic powder)
- ¾ pound sweet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Hash brown seasoning (cumin - dried oregano - coriander)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
Calories 710, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 640mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 39g
Wash produce before use
Prep the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the hash browns; cook the potatoes
- Trim the ends from the sweet potatoes; cut the potatoes into ¼-inch cubes.
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
Finish the hash browns
Cook the steaks
Make the chimichurri
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.