In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Filet mignons with tarragon béarnaise and roasted root vegetables
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Craving a gourmet meal? Follow Chef Jeremy’s lead, topping grass-fed filet mignons with our smooth and buttery béarnaise sauce—the culinary equivalent of liquid gold.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic parsnip
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Steak options:
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket béarnaise base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 3 tablespoons ghee
Calories 650, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 290mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths. Repeat with the parsnip.
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the béarnaise sauce.
On a sheet pan, toss the onion, carrots, parsnip, and half the tarragon with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the honey. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For New York strips and rib-eyes:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ¼-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the béarnaise sauce.
Make the béarnaise sauce
- Working over 1 medium and 1 small bowl, crack the egg and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the yolk into the medium bowl and the white into the small bowl. Save the white for another use. [Separate both eggs; save both whites for another use.] Using a fork, lightly beat the egg yolk until smooth and glossy.
In a small sauce pot over medium-low heat, combine the béarnaise base and ghee and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ghee is melted and the sauce starts to simmer, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and slowly pour the sauce into the bowl with the egg yolk, whisking constantly until the sauce is completely combined (see Chef’s Tip). Stir in the remaining tarragon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and roasted vegetables to individual plates. Top the steaks with as much béarnaise sauce as you like and serve any remaining sauce on the side.
- Scrub the carrots and parsnip.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Season the vegetables for roasting.
- Time the cooking.