In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with balsamic-glazed radishes and Brussels sprouts
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
This easy, dinner-party-worthy paleo dinner bursts with the colors and flavors of fall, with glazed autumn vegetables and a lemony apple relish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces Brussels sprouts
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 apple (such as Pink Lady)
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 ounces red radishes
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Calories: 630, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 17g (85% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 130mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Start the Brussels sprouts
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
While the water heats and the Brussels sprouts cook, prepare the beef.
Prep and cook the beef
- Pat the beef dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the paprika.
While the beef cooks and rests, prepare the apple relish.
Make the apple relish
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- Zest and juice half the lemon; save the other half for another use.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.