Filet mignons with balsamic-glazed radishes and Brussels sprouts

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Chef's Table

Delight in our limited-edition Chef's Table recipes, designed with extra-luxe ingredients and innovative flavor combinations. It's a meal worth getting dressed up for - even at home.
Additional charges apply.

Filet mignons with balsamic-glazed radishes and Brussels sprouts

Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious

2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving

25–40 Minutes

Craving an easy weeknight dinner? We’ve got your meal in the bag (literally). This stellar steak dish bursts with color, flavor, and texture, from glazed vegetables to a lemony apple relish. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 5 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
  • Steak options:
  • 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
  • 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
  • 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
  • 1 organic Pink Lady or other apple
  • 1 organic lemon
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 3 or 4 organic radishes (about 5 ounces total)
  • 1 organic red onion
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Nutrition per serving

Calories: 490, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 125mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Start the Brussels sprouts

  • Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. 

Bring a medium sauce pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside. While the water is heating and the Brussels sprouts are cooking, prepare the steaks. 

2

Prep and cook the steaks

  • Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and as much paprika as you like.

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks. 

 

For filet mignons:

Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.

 

For rib-eyes and New York strips: 

Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. 

 

Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the apple relish. 

3

Make the apple relish

  • Core and cut the apple into ½-inch-thick slices.
  • Zest and juice half the lemon; save the remaining half for another use. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use]. 
  • Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. 

In a medium bowl, stir together the apple, lemon zest and juice, parsley, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. 

4

Cook the vegetables

  • Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
  • Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. 

In the same pan used for the steaks, warm the coconut oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the Brussels sprouts and radishes, cut sides down, and cook without stirring until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the onion starts to caramelize, 3 to 4 minutes. 

Add the balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened to a glaze and the Brussels sprouts and radishes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve

Transfer the steaks and vegetables to individual plates, top the vegetables with the apple relish, and serve. 

Kids Can!
  • Juice the lemon. 
  • Strip the parsley leaves.
  • Assemble the apple relish.
  • Measure the onion.
  • Measure the water for the vegetables.