Steaks with blistered green beans and tomatoes
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Charred green beans have a smoky richness and a satisfying crisp bite. Cook the beans and the sweet tomatoes in the same pan used to sear the steaks to take advantage of any juices left behind. Shower it all with fresh basil for an iconic combination of flavors.
- 3 scallions
- 1 teaspoon scallion seasoning (sugar - salt) optional
- 6 ounces green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- Two 6-ounce sirloin steaks
Make the scallion oil
- Remove the root ends from the scallions and finely slice the white and green parts.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem end of the green beans.
- Remove the green tops from the tomatoes, if necessary.
- Chop the basil leaves.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Cook the steaks
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
Cook the green beans and tomatoes
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 500, Protein: 6 g, Total Fat: 34 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 24 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 1 g, Sodium: 810 mg