In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with chermoula, mushrooms, and hummus
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 910 Calories/Serving
This steak dinner features an all-star cast of ingredients, from earthy mushrooms and juicy tomatoes to peppery arugula and herby chermoula.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3½ ounces organic mushrooms
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket hummus (chickpeas - water - extra virgin olive oil - tahini - lemon juice - kosher salt - garlic - cumin - coriander)
- Sunbasket chermoula (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lime juice - cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 910, Total Fat 71g (91% DV), Sat. Fat 17g (85% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 570mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 47g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; thinly slice the mushrooms.
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften and caramelize, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the vegetables are cooking, start preparing the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned and your desired doneness is reached. For medium-rare, that’s 4 to 6 minutes for New York strips and rib-eyes and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the steaks are resting, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula salad
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a medium bowl, toss together the arugula, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 2 to 4 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and arugula salad to individual plates. Divide the hummus between the plates, make a well in the center, and spoon the vegetables into the wells. Drizzle the steaks with as much chermoula as you like and serve any remaining chermoula on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Divide the hummus between plates.