In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with chickpea, artichoke, and roasted red pepper salad
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Pat yourself on the back for this luxe steak dinner. In just 20 minutes, you’ll have premium Black Angus beef paired with a colorful Mediterranean salad and crunchy chickpeas to boot.
In your bag
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- Sunbasket smoky spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 770, Protein: 59g (118% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 650mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chickpeas
- Rinse the chickpeas; pat thoroughly dry with a paper towel.
- Set aside half the smoky spice blend for the steaks.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 4 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully add the chickpeas and cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper and half the spice blend. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the remaining smoky spice blend.
In the same pan used for the chickpeas, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salad
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the roasted red peppers into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, roasted red peppers, arugula, and artichokes. Add the caper vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and salad to individual plates. Top the salad with the chickpeas, sprinkle with the Parmesan, and serve.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with the Parmesan.