In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks with chimichurri and harissa-roasted sweet potato
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Chimichurri, the Argentinean steak sauce packed with fresh herbs, brings bold flavor to this paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 bunch organic rainbow or other chard (about ½ pound)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket chimichurri (EVOO - parsley - red wine vinegar - cilantro - garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 530, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the sweet potato roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the chard.
Prep and cook the chard
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Drizzle the chimichurri.