In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with chimichurri, crispy potato cakes, and arugula
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 900 Calories/Serving
Rustle up a classic Argentinean steak house dinner with luxe Black Angus beef, crispy roasted potato cakes, and green chimichurri for a bright, herbaceous punch of flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic russet or other white potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket potato seasoning blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket green chimichurri (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - red wine vinegar - cilantro - garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
- ¼ pound organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1½ teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 900, Total Fat 68g (87% DV), Sat. Fat 17g (85% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potato cakes and onion
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Using a peeler, peel the potato lengthwise (including the skin) into long strips into a medium bowl.
- Peel the onion. Cut the onion in half lengthwise and thinly slice enough rings to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for the arugula. Cut the remaining onion crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Line a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] with parchment paper or grease with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
To the bowl with the potato, add the potato seasoning blend and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. On one end of the prepared sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], place 4  piles of the potato mixture, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
In the bowl used for the potato, add the ½-inch-thick onion slices and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], spread the onion in an even layer.
Roast, stirring the onion halfway through, until the potato cakes are golden brown and tender and the onion is tender and starting to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For New York strips and rib-eyes:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are resting, prepare the rest of the meal.
Finish the chimichurri; dress the arugula
- In a small bowl, add as many chile flakes as you like to the chimichurri and stir to combine. Set aside for serving.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a medium bowl, stir together the champagne vinegar and 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, tomatoes, and thinly sliced onion and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks, potato cakes, and arugula to individual plates. Top the steaks with the roasted onion, spoon half the chimichurri over the steaks, and serve the remaining chimichurri on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or grease with oil.
- Toss the potato and the onion with oil and season.
- Dress the arugula.
- Transfer the arugula to plates.