Black Angus rib-eyes with espresso-maple glazed carrots and arugula

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Chef's Table

Delight in our limited-edition Chef's Table recipes, designed with extra-luxe ingredients and innovative flavor combinations. It's a meal worth getting dressed up for - even at home.
Additional charges apply.

Black Angus rib-eyes with espresso-maple glazed carrots and arugula

Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 830 Calories/Serving

25–40 Minutes

Espresso and maple syrup transform pan-roasted carrots into a stellar side dish for this classic steak and salad dinner. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 3 organic carrots
  • 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1½ teaspoons espresso powder
  • Steak options:
  • 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
  • 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
  • 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
  • 1 or 2 organic shallots
  • 1 organic lemon
  • 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Nutrition per serving

Calories 830, Total Fat 48g (62% DV), Sat. Fat 19g (95% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 18g Added Sugars, 36% DV), Protein 58g
Contains: Milk

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Prep and cook the glazed carrots

  • Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices. 

In a medium [large] frying pan, combine the carrots, maple syrup, butter, espresso powder, and ¾ cup [1½ cups] water and season with salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. 

Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring the liquid to a boil. Cook, tossing the carrots occasionally, until tender and a thick glaze forms, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the carrots are cooking, prepare the steaks.

2

Prep and cook the steaks

  • Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.

 

For rib-eyes and New York strips:

Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. 

 

For filet mignons:

Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.

 

Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are resting, prepare the arugula.

3

Dress the arugula

  • Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. 
  • Juice half the lemon; save the remaining half for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]

In a large bowl, stir together the shallots, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and as much Parmesan as you like and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve

Transfer the steaks, carrots, and arugula to individual plates. Sprinkle the arugula with any remaining Parmesan, if desired, and serve.

Kids Can!
  • Scrub the carrots.
  • Measure the water for the carrots.
  • Measure the shallots.
  • Juice the lemon.
  • Dress the arugula.