In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steaks and sweet potato frites with kale and mushrooms
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Roasted sweet potato fries, nutrient-dense vegetables, and herbed ghee are the perfect paleo complements to these easy pan-seared steaks.
In your bag
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 530, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato frites
- Let the ghee come to room temperature.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the herbed ghee
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]; set aside half for the kale.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For top sirloins:
Cook, turning over frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning over frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For New York strips:
Cook, turning over once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms and kale.
Prep and cook the mushrooms and kale
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and seasonings.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the herbed ghee.
- Garnish with the parsley.