In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eye steaks, sweet potato frites, kale and mushrooms
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Transform steak night into a grand affair: a French bistro meal complete with juicy melt-in-your-mouth Black Angus steaks, herbed ghee, roasted sweet potato frites, and sautéed veggies.
In your bag
- 1 rounded tablespoon ghee
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 690, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato frites
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Let the ghee come to room temperature.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the herbed ghee
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]; set aside half for the mushrooms.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the ghee, paprika, and half each of the garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until the ghee is firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For rib-eyes or New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are resting, prepare the mushrooms and kale.
Prep and cook the mushrooms and kale
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
In the same pan used for the steaks, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Working in batches if needed, stir in the kale and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the kale is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks, mushrooms and kale, and sweet potato frites to individual plates. Top the steaks with as much herbed ghee as you like and garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve any remaining ghee on the side.
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and seasonings.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the herbed ghee.
- Top the steaks with ghee; garnish with parsley.