In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with wedge salad, crispy pancetta, and ranch dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
Featuring juicy Black Angus beef and a crisp wedge salad drizzled with tangy ranch dressing, this retro-style steak house meal is totally doable at home—thanks to our amazing chefs at Sunbasket.
In your bag
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 head organic iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket ranch dressing (Greek yogurt - paleo mayo - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper - dried dill)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Calories 800, Total Fat 58g (74% DV), Sat. Fat 19g (95% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 900mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Crisp the pancetta
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Do not clean the pan. While the pancetta is cooking, start preparing the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the garlic-herb blend.
In the same pan used for the pancetta, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned and your desired doneness is reached. For medium-rare, that’s 4 to 6 minutes for New York strips and rib-eyes and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Keeping the root end intact, cut the iceberg head lengthwise into 4 equal wedges.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Transfer the steaks and iceberg wedges to individual plates and drizzle the wedges with the ranch dressing. Top with the onion, tomatoes, goat cheese, and pancetta and serve.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Time the cooking.
- Measure the onion.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing.
- Top the wedges with the remaining ingredients.