In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu stir-fry with Brussels sprouts, cremini mushrooms, and black rice
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
If you’ve never stir-fried Brussels sprouts before, you’re in for a treat. The compact heads hold their shape against the heat, while their layers of leaves collect the flavors of the ginger, garlic, and our custom stir-fry sauce.
In your bag
- ¾ cup Lotus Foods Forbidden black rice
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 2½ ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket stir-fry sauce (mirin - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 680, Protein: 31 g, Total Fat: 22 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.5 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 82 g, Fiber: 13 g, Added Sugar (Mirin): 1 g, Sodium: 660 mg
Wash produce before use
Make the rice
- In a strainer, rinse the black rice.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the Brussels sprouts in half, and any large halves into quarters.
- Trim the ends from the mushroom stems; cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into thin strips.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Cook the Brussels sprouts
While the Brussels sprouts cook, prepare the ginger and garlic.
Prep the ginger and garlic; finish the stir-fry
- Peel and very thinly slice the ginger. Cut the slices into very thin strips.
- Thinly slice enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.