Chinese five-spice steak stir-fry with rice two ways
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly, Dairy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Crisp-tender vegetables, our signature paleo stir-fry blend, and Chinese five-spice form the backbone of this savory-sweet gluten-free steak dinner.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice*
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 scallions
- Sun Basket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
If everyone wants jasmine rice, you can add the cooked cauliflower “rice” to the stir-fry along with the kale, then follow the recipe as written.
Calories: 680, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).