In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese five-spice steak stir-fry with rice two ways
Paleo-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Crisp-tender vegetables, our signature paleo stir-fry blend, and Chinese five-spice form the backbone of this savory-sweet gluten-free steak dinner.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice*
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 scallions
- Sunbasket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories: 680, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Cook the jasmine rice
- Rinse the jasmine rice.
While the jasmine rice cooks, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start preparing the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, and the five-spice powder.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the bell peppers.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate.
Sear the steak
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Remove from the heat and stir in the kaleand as much sambal oelek as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure out the water for the rice.
- Garnish the stir-fry with scallions.
- Set the table.
- Compliment the cook.