In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Teriyaki tempeh and bell pepper stir-fry over steamed rice
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
In this fast, gluten-free meal, tempeh and crisp-tender vegetables really sing when they’re tossed with our sweet-and-savory teriyaki blend.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket teriyaki blend (coconut nectar - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 1½ teaspoons black sesame seeds
Calories: 750, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 106g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 30g, Added Sugars: 21g (42% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Start the tempeh
- Pat the tempeh dry with a paper towel. Crumble or cut the tempeh into 1-inch pieces.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the stir-fry
- Rinse the rice.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.