In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Stovetop skillet lasagna with Caesar salad
4 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
Loaded with ground beef and pork, this hearty lasagna requires no oven nor extra pans; the noodles and sauce both simmer together in one skillet on the stove.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket marinara sauce (tomatoes - canola-olive oil blend - tomato paste - fresh garlic - balsamic vinegar - salt - black pepper)
- 1 lemon
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil
- 1/2 cups garlic croutons
- 1 romaine heart
- Sun Basket Caesar dressing (mayonnaise - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic - anchovies - black pepper)
Calories: 840, Protein: 36 g, Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 50 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 900 mg, Carbohydrates: 58 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion, ground meat, and lasagna noodles
- Peel and finely chop the yellow onion.
- Cut off a small corner of the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground pork.
- Break the lasagna noodles in half or into thirds.
Cook the sauce and noodles
Add the lasagna noodles, marinara sauce, and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, gently pressing the noodles into the sauce as they start to soften. Cover and cook, gently tossing the noodles with the sauce occasionally, until the noodles are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the sauce and noodles cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the mozzarella-ricotta mixture
- Cut the lemon in half. Zest half into a small bowl.
- Squeeze 1 teaspoon lemon juice from the other lemon half into a large bowl; set aside for the salad.
- Tear the mozzarella into small pieces.
Finish the lasagna
While the lasagna rests, prepare the basil and salad.
Prep the basil and make the salad
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves. Set aside for garnish.
- Trim off the root end from the romaine; tear the leaves.
- Coarsely chop or break up the croutons into ½-inch pieces.
- Break the lasagna noodles.
- Juice the lemon half.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Stir the mozzarella-ricotta blend.
- Prep the basil and make the salad.