In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Stuffed bell peppers with turkey and black beans
Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Charring peppers on the stovetop might be your new favorite cooking technique. Our easy stuffed peppers are a clean-eating take on a Southwestern favorite.
In your bag
- 2 organic red or other bell peppers
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket mild chile spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Sunbasket vegan cheese blend (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Calories 440, Total Fat 20g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 370mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 37g (12% DV), Fiber 11g (44% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the bell peppers
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or on a sheet pan under the broiler, roast the bell peppers, turning frequently, until blistered and charred all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Scrape off the charred skin, if desired; cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds.
While the peppers roast and cool, prepare the turkey-bean filling.
Make the turkey-bean filling
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the beans.
- Drizzle the vegan cheese blend.
- Garnish with the cilantro.