In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey and black beans
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Charred bell peppers are stuffed with black beans, Southwestern spices, and your choice of protein for a jam-packed meal that’s ready in a snap.
In your bag
- 2 organic red or other bell peppers
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket mild chile spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Sunbasket vegan “cheese” blend (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 500, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the bell peppers
Heat the broiler, if using to char the bell peppers.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or on a sheet pan under the broiler, roast the bell peppers, turning frequently, until blistered and charred all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Scrape off the charred skin, if desired; cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds. While the peppers are roasting and cooling, prepare the filling.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; coarsely chop or crumble.
Cook the filling
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, onion, and mild chile spice blend and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through and the onion starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pepper halves to individual plates and spoon in the filling. Drizzle with the vegan “cheese” blend, garnish with the cilantro, and serve.
- Rinse the beans.
- Time the cooking.
- Drizzle the vegan “cheese” blend.
- Garnish with the cilantro.