In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Stuffed eggplant with spiced lamb, pistachios, and lemon-yogurt sauce
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Eggplant blasted with heat collapses into the perfect container for our easy Mediterranean lamb filling seasoned with aromatic spices and pistachios.
In your bag
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1 organic red onion or shallots
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1 or 2 organic tomatoes (about ½ pound total)
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- Chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 500, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Lightly brush the cut side of each half with 1½ teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
While the oven heats and the eggplant roasts, make the lamb filling.
Prep and cook the lamb filling
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut away the core from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
While the filling cooks, prepare the lemon-yogurt sauce and the parsley salad.
Make the yogurt sauce and parsley salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.] The zest will be divided between the yogurt sauce and the salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
In another small bowl, stir together the parsley leaves, remaining lemon zest, and ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the eggplant with oil.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the yogurt sauce.
- Stir the parsley salad.