In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer chicken salad with charred plum, arugula, and walnuts
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This easy chicken salad, full of unexpedly delightful ingredients, comes together quickly and is perfect for grilling on a summer evening.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic red plums or other stone fruits
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard)
- 6 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 590, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; char the plum
- Cut the plums in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Thinly slice the radishes into rounds, then thinly slice the rounds into matchsticks.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Assemble the salad
- Pickle the onion.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the walnuts.