In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer flatbreads with herbed Greek yogurt
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In these ingenious individual pizzas, beneath the flavorful toppings, a coarse mash of chickpeas stands in for the cheese. A nice source of iron as well as protein, chickpeas can also improve cholesterol levels.
In your bag
- ½ pound chickpeas
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ pound summer squash
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole wheat flatbreads
- Moroccan spice blend (sumac - coriander - cumin)
- Fresh mint
- Fresh basil
- ¼ pound Persian cucumber
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 540, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 750mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Prep the chickpea spread
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep the squash and tomatoes
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Make the flatbreads
Bake, rotating once halfway through, until the squash is just tender and the flatbreads are crisp and golden brown on the edges, 15 to 18 minutes. While the flatbreads bake, prepare the yogurt sauce.
Make the yogurt sauce
- Strip the mint and basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Put the mint and basil into a mixing bowl. Working over the bowl:
- Grate the cucumber.
- Zest and juice the lemon, using a strainer, if needed, to catch the seeds.