In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer squash and black bean tacos with cabbage–bell pepper slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
These easy vegetarian and gluten-free tacos get fast flavor from our custom taco seasoning, a mellow blend of chili powder, cumin, and coriander.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 yellow squash (about ¾ pound)
- 2 or 3 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 limes
- 3 ounces queso fresco
- Taco seasoning (granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 490mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 12g
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and black beans
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Trim the ends from the squash and zucchini; cut them in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the bell pepper. Divide into two equal portions, one for the squash mixture and one for the slaw.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Juice 1 lime (the juice will be divided between the squash mixture and the slaw).
- Cut the other lime into wedges for garnish.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
Cook the vegetables and black beans
Add the black beans and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ½ cup water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in half the lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables and beans cook, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
While the tortillas heat, prepare the slaw.
Make the slaw
- Finely chop the olives.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lime and crumble the queso fresco.
- Prepare the tortillas for warming.
- Toss the slaw.
- Set out the taco bar.