In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak stir-fry with sweet peppers and baby bok choy
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
This colorful stir-fry showcases garden-fresh vegetables and your choice of protein infused with our rich and aromatic chile oil.
In your bag
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Sun Basket coriander-cumin spice blend (coriander - cumin)
Calories: 450, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile oil (optional for adding heat)
- Put as many chile flakes as you like in a small heatproof bowl.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] neutral oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully pour the oil over the chile flakes and let cool. Do not clean the pan. While the chile oil is cooling, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato lengthwise into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chick*n: Pat the chick*n dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In the same pan used to heat the oil for the chile oil, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chick*n; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and sweet mini peppers, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, bok choy, ginger, and coriander-cumin spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup [⅓ cup] water, cover, and cook until the liquid has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Finish the stir-fry
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in your protein and 1 to 2 tablespoons chile oil, if using. Cook uncovered until the liquid has mostly evaporated, the vegetables are crisp-tender, and your protein is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls and serve the remaining chile oil on the side, if desired.
- Measure the ginger.
- Measure the water for the vegetables.
- Time the cooking.