In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy summer tofu stir-fry with pineapple and bell pepper
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Spicy
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Summertime (just barely!) and the cookin’ is easy: 20 minutes, our chile-mango blend, and some Hodo tofu make this just the thing to whip up quickly on a warm night.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- Sunbasket spicy chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
Calories: 640, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 100g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the stir-fry
Stir in the scallions, tamari, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water, and as much chile-mango blend as you like and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.