In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer vegetable skewers with baba ganoush and feta dip
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Meze platters showcase small dishes and dips that are perfect for sharing, and they make hosting easy. This summery vegetarian version is great for a weeknight dinner, too.
In your bag
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- ¼ cup cooked butter beans
- 1 organic summer squash
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- Wooden skewers
- 1 large whole grain naan flatbread
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing (fresh lemon juice - tahini - fresh garlic - fresh orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- Sun Basket Greek feta dip (feta - mild green chiles - Greek yogurt - EVOO - kosher salt - cayenne)
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
Did you know eggplant is a fruit, not a vegetable? You berry believe it! Botanically speaking, eggplant is considered a berry because, like blueberries and grapes, it meets all the anatomical berry requirements, such as multiple seeds surrounded by delicious tender flesh.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the vegetable skewers on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until starting to soften and brown, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
Make It Ahead
The baba ganoush (Steps 1 and 5) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, let the baba ganoush come to room temperature as you proceed with Steps 2, 3, and 4.
Calories: 660, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 1020mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: (lavash contains added sugar): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the baba ganoush
- Remove the stem and peel the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, the strips lengthwise into 1-inch-wide sticks, and the sticks crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Rinse the butter beans.
Stir in the butter beans and cook uncovered until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the eggplant and beans to a large bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
While the eggplant and beans cook, prepare the vegetable skewers.
Assemble the vegetable skewers
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise into 1-inch-wide slices and crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Separate the layers into slices or chunks, as desired.
Cook the skewers
While the skewers cook, prepare the flatbread and finish the baba ganoush.
Toast the flatbread
Finish the baba ganoush
- Rinse the beans.
- Assemble the skewers.
- Mash the baba ganoush.
- Assemble the platter.