In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Superfood salad with quinoa, orange, blueberries, and walnuts
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Boost your brain power with this smart salad. From protein-packed quinoa to antioxidant-rich walnuts and blueberries, it delivers a spectrum of color and good-for-you nutrients.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket honey-lime yogurt (Greek yogurt - lime juice - honey)
- 6 ounces organic blueberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
English walnuts were first grown in California in the late 1700s, with commercial production beginning in the late 1800s. Today, California grows 99 percent of the walnuts sold in the United States and two-thirds of the walnuts sold worldwide. We love this popular nut because it’s an excellent plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids along with protein, fiber, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Calories: 530, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kale; cook the quinoa
- In a large bowl, combine the kale with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil, season with salt, and gently massage the leaves. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the salad
- Massage the kale.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.