In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Superfood salad with quinoa, orange, blueberries, and walnuts
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Boost your brain power with this smart salad. From protein-packed quinoa to antioxidant-rich walnuts and blueberries, it delivers a spectrum of color and good-for-you nutrients.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket honey-lime yogurt (Greek yogurt - lime juice - honey)
- 6 ounces organic blueberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories: 530, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kale; cook the quinoa
- In a large bowl, combine the kale with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil, season with salt, and gently massage the leaves. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the salad
- Massage the kale.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.