Surf ’n’ turf fajitas
In this appealing pairing of land and sea, sizzling steak- and shrimp-filled fajitas make for a customizable, paleo-friendly family meal.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Cumin-paprika spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 12 Artisan corn tortillas* (contain wheat)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 summer squash
- 1 lime
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
If you have time, you can warm the tortillas on the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Calories: 770, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (Tortillas contain trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.