In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Surf ’n’ turf fajitas
4 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
In this appealing pairing of land and sea, sizzling steak- and shrimp-filled fajitas make for a customizable, paleo-friendly family meal.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Cumin-paprika spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 12 Artisan corn tortillas* (contain wheat)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 summer squash
- 1 lime
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
If you have time, you can warm the tortillas on the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Calories: 770, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (Tortillas contain trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak and shrimp
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Set aside half the cumin-paprika spice blend for the vegetables.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the bowl with the steak and set aside.
While the steak and shrimp cook, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
While the tortillas warm, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the red and green bell peppers. Thinly slice the bell peppers.
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half crosswise, cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into ¼-inch-thick strips.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Juice half the lime and set aside for finishing the steak and shrimp; cut half the lime into wedges.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; separate the romaine leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the steak and shrimp
- Arrange the tortillas for warming in the oven.
- Juice the lime.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Toss the cabbage with the oil.
- Serve the meal.