In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet and sour eggplant wraps with spiced cashews and bok choy slaw
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
We love a good wrap—especially when it’s filled with delicious, feel-good ingredients. Here we simmer eggplant in our sweet and sour blend, then sprinkle on toasted cashews tossed with kimchi chile flakes.
In your bag
- ¼ cup dry-roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- Sunbasket sweet and sour blend (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - orange juice - brown sugar - ketchup - garlic)
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash
Calories 580, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 15g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Toast the cashews
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the cashews, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate, season to taste with salt and as much kimchi chile as you like, and toss to coat. Let cool. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem end from the eggplant. Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 1-inch-thick spears and season with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the cashews, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the eggplant, flesh side down, and cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the eggplant and stir in the sweet and sour blend. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the eggplant is cooking, prepare the slaw.
Make the bok choy slaw
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; thinly slice the bok choy crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, stir together the Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the bok choy, cilantro, and carrots and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the wraps
Arrange the lavash on a cutting board. Working with 1 lavash at a time, spoon some bok choy slaw on half of each lavash. Arrange the eggplant spears lengthwise on top of the slaw and sprinkle with the cashews. Roll each lavash into a wrap. Cut the wraps in half on the diagonal.
Transfer the wraps to individual plates and serve any remaining slaw on the side.
- Crush the cashews.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Help assemble the wraps.