In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet and sour eggplant wraps with spiced cashews and bok choy slaw
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
For these Asian-inspired, veggie-forward wraps, we simmer eggplant in a sweet and sour blend then sprinkle the with toasted cashews tossed with kimchi chile flakes.
In your bag
- ¼ cup dry-roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- Sun Basket sweet and sour blend (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - orange juice - brown sugar - ketchup - garlic)
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket Aleppo-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 whole grain lavash
If you want to toast the lavash, on the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the lavash, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Calories: 580, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the cashews
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
Prep and cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem end from the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch-thick slices and season with salt and pepper.
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the slaw.
Make the bok choy slaw
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; thinly slice the bok choy crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Assemble the wraps
- Crush the cashews.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Help assemble the wraps.