Italian sausage with spring vegetables
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly
In this paleo and gluten-free Mediterranean-inspired main course, rich Italian sausage comes together with artichoke hearts, fennel, and olives using only one pan.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage (contains pork and spices)
- 1 red onion (see Market Watch note)
- 1 fennel bulb (about 5 ounces)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound lacinato or other kale
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ⅔ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 6 ounces shredded red or other cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
To get dinner on the table even faster, in Step 2, start cooking the onion, fennel, and garlic while you prep the kale.
Due to record cold temperatures this spring, organic onion supplies are unpredictable. You may receive organic shallots instead; if so, prep and cook them as instructed for the onion.
Calories: 590, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 38g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 1400mg (58% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.