Italian sausage with fennel, artichokes, kale, and red cabbage
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
In this gluten-free Mediterranean-inspired main course, rich Italian sausage comes together with artichoke hearts, fennel, and olives using only one pan.
In your bag
- 10 ounces fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 red onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ¾ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 6 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
To get dinner on the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the onion, fennel, and garlic while you continue prepping the kale.
Calories: 660, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 34g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 1580mg (66% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.