In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausage with spring vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
In this paleo and gluten-free Mediterranean-inspired main course, rich Italian sausage comes together with artichoke hearts, fennel, and olives using only one pan.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ½ pound organic shredded kale
- ⅔ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 wedge organic red or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Calories 610, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1480mg (64% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Cook the vegetables; finish the sausage
While the vegetables and sausage cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the dish
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and olives, checking for any pits.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the vegetables and sausage.