In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet potato and black bean chili with gluten-free cornbread
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Sink into warm, vegetarian comfort food with our richly spiced chili, garnished with avocado and served alongside gluten-free cornbread.
In your bag
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sunbasket gluten-free cornbread mix (cornmeal - Cup4Cup gluten-free flour - sugar - baking powder - salt)
- 1 white onion
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Cumin-paprika spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Calories 730, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 650mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 97g (35% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 16g Added Sugars, 32% DV), Protein 15g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Bake the cornbread
- Lightly grease a medium baking dish, small ovenproof frying pan, or 6-well muffin pan with butter or neutral oil.
- Measure out ½ cup milk; save the rest for another use.
While the cornbread bakes and cools, prepare the chili.
Start the chili
- Peel and coarsely chop the white onion.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks, then the sticks into ½-inch cubes.
While the onion and potatoes cook, prepare the garlic and black beans.
Prep the garlic and beans; finish the chili
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Rinse the black beans.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure out the milk.
- Stir together the cornbread batter.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Garnish the chili.