In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet potato-scallion fritters with apple-Brussels sprouts slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 830 Calories/Serving
Inspired by potato latkes, these fritters are crisp on the outside and moist in the middle. In our Sunbasket spin on the traditional sour cream and applesauce accompaniments, we pair them instead with yogurt and an earthy-sweet apple slaw. To make the fritters extra-crisp, squeeze the sweet potatoes as dry as possible, and be sure to allow the oil to reheat between batches.
In your bag
- 1½ ounces pecans
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 3 scallions
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Fritter spice blend (Cup4Cup gluten-free flour - coriander - sweet smoked paprika - sumac)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Nutrition per serving
Calories 830, Total Fat 52g (67% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 690mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 2g (7% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Toast the nuts
On a sheet pan, spread the pecans in an even layer; cook in the oven until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool; wipe out the sheet pan and leave the oven on for the fritters. While the pecans toast, prepare the fritters.
Prep the fritters
- Trim the ends from the sweet potatoes; peel them and grate, using the coarse holes of a box grater.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions crosswise.
Cook the fritters
Prep the salad
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts in half, then thinly slice.
- Cut the apple into quarters; cut away the core and thinly slice the quarters crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the pecans.