In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet potato fries with ground beef and green bean gravy
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
It’s all gravy when you’ve got crispy oven-roasted sweet potatoes smothered in a saucy mix of green beans, veggie broth, and your choice of protein.
In your bag
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 1 organic yellow or other bell pepper
- 3 ounces organic green beans
- Sunbasket mushroom seasoning blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Your choice of protein
- ¼ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket gravy spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 600, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 59g (21% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato fries
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potatoes with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients and start the gravy.
Prep the vegetables and slurry
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the mushroom seasoning blend and vegetable broth to form a slurry.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces.
Cook your protein; make the gravy
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mirepoix, bell pepper, green beans, and gravy spice blend, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir the slurry to recombine, then add the slurry to the pan and cook until the gravy is thickened and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the sweet potato fries to individual plates, spoon over your protein and green bean gravy, and serve.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil and season.
- Mix together the slurry.
- Time the cooking.