In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet potato–black bean chili cheese fries
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
We reimagined chili cheese fries, and the result might be one of our best creations yet, with oven-roasted sweet potatoes in place of the traditional deep-fried spuds.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo (optional)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jicama (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ cup grated cheddar
Calories: 680, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 24g (96% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: (chipotles in adobo contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the potatoes roast, prepare the chili.
Cook the chili
- Rinse the black beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the chipotle chile, finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Add the black beans, tomatoes, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chili simmers, prepare the lime yogurt and jicama sticks.
Make the lime yogurt; prep the jicama sticks
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the yogurt and the jicama sticks).
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks.
In a medium bowl, combine the jicama sticks, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil, and remaining lime juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the garnish; finish the fries
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Toss the jicama sticks with oil and lime juice.