In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Taiwanese noodle soup with ground pork and baby greens
Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
This Taiwanese-inspired soup, known as slack-season fisherman’s soup, combines fresh ramen noodles, ground pork, a simple broth, and a fragrant garlic-scallion garnish.
In your bag
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Your choice of protein
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 3 ounces organic arugula or other leafy greens
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 or 2 organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 510, Total Fat 10g (13% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1190mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 53g (19% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Cut a small corner from the ground pork packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Set aside half the tamari for serving.
Finish the soup
While the water returns to a boil, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems.
- Measure the water for the ramen.
- Divide the tamari in half.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the garlic, scallions, and cilantro.