In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Taiwanese-style sole with five-spice sweet potato and wilted greens
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Ginger! Garlic! Five-spice powder! Fish sauce! This paleo fish dish pulls no punches when it comes to satisfying strong flavors.
In your bag
- 1 red or green fresh chile such as serrano or jalapeño (optional)
- Umami sauce base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - sesame oil)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bunch curly-leaf kale (about ½ pound)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1½ teaspoons five-spice powder
Calories 530, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 1180mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 55g (20% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile sauce
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the chile; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep the ginger, garlic, and vegetables
- Grate the ginger or peel and thinly slice into matchsticks.
- Thinly slice the garlic.
- Peel the onion and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the seafood and ginger-garlic garnish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
In the same pan used for the seafood, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Cook the stir-fry
Warm the chile sauce
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Add the ginger-garlic garnish.