In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tamarind chicken over black rice with bell pepper and egg ribbons
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Black rice forms a stunning base for these gluten-free rice bowls, topped with tamarind chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and delicate egg ribbons.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket cashew-tamarind blend (cashews - coconut aminos - water - tamarind puree - sambal oelek - dried plums - fish sauce)
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 3 ounces organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 organic eggs
Calories 590, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 230mg (77% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
Prep the cilantro; cook the eggs
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems. Set aside the leaves for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Roll up the cooled eggs.
- Help assemble the bowls.