In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tamarind chicken over black rice with bell pepper and egg ribbons
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Black rice forms a stunning base for these gluten-free rice bowls, topped with tamarind chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and delicate egg ribbons.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sun Basket cashew-tamarind blend (cashews - coconut aminos - water - tamarind puree - sambal oelek - dried plums - fish sauce)
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 3 ounces organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 organic eggs
Calories: 590, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 230mg (77% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
Prep the cilantro; cook the eggs
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems. Set aside the leaves for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Roll up the cooled eggs.
- Help assemble the bowls.