In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tandoori chicken with sugar snap peas and turmeric rice
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine’s tandoori chicken is just dang good. No food coloring here—just real ingredients like yogurt and beet powder for that super-tender texture and trademark red.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 4 organic chicken drumsticks
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Sunbasket yogurt spice blend (garam masala - granulated garlic - beet powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika)
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound organic sugar snap peas
Calories: 660, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep the yogurt sauce and the chicken
Heat the oven to 450°F for chicken drumsticks; 425°F for thighs or breasts.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the zest and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] juice for the vinaigrette.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, yogurt spice blend, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside half the yogurt sauce for serving.
To the bowl with the remaining yogurt sauce, add the chicken and toss to coat.
Roast the chicken
Line a sheet pan with foil and brush the foil lightly with oil. Place the chicken on the prepared sheet pan. Roast, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through (and the chicken drumstick skin is crisp), 15 to 20 minutes for thighs or breasts, 20 to 25 minutes for drumsticks. Meanwhile, prepare the rice.
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice, turmeric, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] butter (from your pantry), if using; season to taste with salt, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the lemon-mint vinaigrette.
Make the lemon-mint vinaigrette
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the mint, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the snap peas
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the snap peas, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and toss the snap peas with 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-mint vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice, chicken, and snap peas to individual plates. Serve the remaining yogurt sauce and vinaigrette on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the yogurt sauce.
- Rinse the rice.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Make the vinaigrette.