In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tandoori chicken with sugar snap peas and turmeric rice
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
If your kitchen came without a flaming-hot clay tandoor oven, fear not: here you’ll achieve that tandoori flavor more easily and with equally impressive results.
In your bag
- 1 lemon
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Yogurt spice blend (garam masala - granulated garlic - beet powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika)
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
Calories: 600, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 50g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep the yogurt sauce and the chicken
- Zest and juice the lemon; set aside the zest and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] juice for the vinaigrette.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
To the bowl with the remaining yogurt sauce, add the chicken and toss to coat.
Roast the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the rice.
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
While the rice cooks, prepare the lemon-mint vinaigrette.
Make the lemon-mint vinaigrette
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the snap peas
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the yogurt sauce.
- Rinse the rice.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Make the vinaigrette.