In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tandoori chicken with sugar snap peas and turmeric rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Our tandoori chicken is the real deal. No food coloring here—just honest ingredients like yogurt and beet powder for that super-tender texture and trademark red.
In your bag
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Chicken options:
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 organic chicken drumsticks
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Sunbasket yogurt spice blend (garam masala - granulated garlic - beet powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika)
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ½ pound organic sugar snap peas
Nutrition per serving
Calories 680, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the garlic-yogurt sauce; prep the chicken
Heat the oven to 450°F for chicken drumsticks or 425°F for thighs or breasts.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the zest and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] juice for the vinaigrette.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]; divide into two equal portions, one for the yogurt sauce and one for the snap peas.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
Transfer half the yogurt to a small bowl and half to a large bowl. To the small bowl, stir in 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon juice and half the garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside the garlic-yogurt sauce for serving.
To the large bowl, stir in 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon juice and the yogurt spice blend. Add the chicken, toss to coat, and season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the chicken
Line a sheet pan with foil and brush the foil lightly with oil. Place the chicken on the prepared sheet pan. Roast, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through (and the chicken drumstick skin is crisp), 15 to 20 minutes for thighs or breasts, 20 to 25 minutes for drumsticks. Meanwhile, prepare the rice.
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice, turmeric, and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] butter (from your pantry), if using; season to taste with salt, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the lemon-mint vinaigrette.
Make the lemon-mint vinaigrette
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the mint, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the snap peas
In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the snap peas, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and toss the snap peas with 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-mint vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice, chicken, and snap peas to individual plates. Serve the garlic-yogurt sauce and remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the garlic-yogurt sauce.
- Rinse the rice.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Make the vinaigrette.