In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tempeh Bolognese and gluten-free rigatoni with roasted broccoli
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
We give Bolognese a gluten-free and vegan spin, infusing tempeh crumbles with flavors as rich as the meat-laden original.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free rigatoni
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- Sunbasket vegan “Parmesan” (nutritional yeast - almond meal)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
Calories 760, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1030mg (45% DV), Total Carb. 100g (36% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup [2 cups] pasta cooking water. Return the rigatoni to the pot, drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil, and toss to coat.
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the broccoli.
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
While the broccoli roasts, prepare the tempeh Bolognese.
Cook the tempeh Bolognese
- In a small bowl, season the vegan “Parmesan” to taste with salt. Set aside for garnish.
Stir in the marinara, maple syrup, and either ¾ cup [1½ cups] reserved pasta cooking water and ¼ cup [½ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or a total of 1 cup [2 cups] reserved pasta cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Toss the broccoli with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Season the vegan “Parmesan” to taste.