In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Curried tempeh stir-fry with black rice
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
This colorful gluten-free curry, tossed with protein-packed tempeh, comes together easily while you cook the black rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - rice vinegar - garlic - ginger)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 640, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh into 1-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the tomatoes and basil; cook the stir-fry
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the tomatoes and stir-fry blend, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice and tempeh.
- Time the rice.
- Strip the basil leaves.