In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Curried tempeh stir-fry with black rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
This colorful gluten-free curry, tossed with protein-packed tempeh, comes together easily while you cook the black rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - rice vinegar - garlic - ginger)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 640, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 810mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 2g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh into 1-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the tomatoes and basil; cook the stir-fry
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the tomatoes and stir-fry blend, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice and tempeh.
- Time the rice.
- Strip the basil leaves.