In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tempeh sloppy joes with tangy coleslaw and pickled jalapeños
Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
These plant-based sloppy joes come together in just 20 minutes. Served with a tangy slaw tossed in our custom dressing, they make a great weeknight dinner.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket coleslaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket sloppy joe sauce base (ketchup - vegan Worcestershire - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - brown sugar)
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories 640, Total Fat 23g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1130mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 79g (26% DV), Fiber 19g (76% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Pat the tempeh dry with a paper towel. Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
Make the coleslaw
Finish the sloppy joe filling
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Toast the buns
- Brush the cut sides of the buns with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil.
- Pat the tempeh dry and crumble.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Make the coleslaw.
- Measure the onion.
- Brush the buns with oil.